Life Interruptions

Just as I wrote in my last post a century ago that I will want to post more and pen down memories and moments, things somehow got in the way. I found out about a week after my last post that I was pregnant with #2 !!! I mean, just when I decided that I will stick with one kid and pay all my attention to him, a second one comes along.

This round of pregnancy is so different and so much harder than my first. I experienced the worst morning sickness and vomited 3-4 times daily. I couldn't eat much and had zero appetite. To make things worst I craved almost nothing but was able to settle for neutral tasting food like oats, plain porridge, bread and drank Milo until I had enough and couldn't even stand the after taste of Milo.

Cherry on the topping came when I fell SO ILL! I had a nasty viral flu which left me battling fever, super sore throat which lasted a month, a bad cough and I used 8 boxes of tissue to blow my nose in a span of 3 weeks. The cough made vomiting worse and it came to a point where I just gave in to vomiting. When I was on the road to recovery I contracted conjunctivitis and that was the sprinkles you could say on top of the cherry. I was really sad that I couldn't care for my son and spent so little time with him. Needless to say I couldn't do any house chores even and was basically lying in bed all the time or on the sofa and I had to get my mom to come over to help me take care of my little boy.

So all that happened in the first trimester, I was also worried sick of the baby inside as I had to be on medication. I did not take any antibiotics as that was the last option if I should come to a point where it felt like I was on my death bed (although frankly it did feel like that daily).

So here I am at week 19.5 and finally found some time to turn on the damn laptop which is also dying on me because the battery is dead and it has to be turned on with direct power source -_- just to write down the agony I went through (this is really for you, second child to read someday) that mom is a fighter and I'm ok. Please thank your dad for being super too, helping out with practically everything at home while I was dying a slow death and grandma for keeping an eye on your brother so he could be accident free.

Love Mom xo

Comments